Strong Defense Against DUI/DWI Charges
Driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI) are among the most common crimes charged in Illinois. DUI is not limited to “hardened criminals.” Rather, one simple mistake could lead to someone from any walk of life or background facing serious DUI charges that could result in a criminal record, serious fines and jail time, and a destroyed reputation.
Whether you are facing first, second or subsequent DUI charges, fight these charges aggressively. The consequences are too severe to let one mistake ruin your life.
At Metcalf & Associates, P.C., our Hoffman Estates DUI lawyers can help you. With 25 years of legal experience representing clients in Hoffman Estates, West Dundee, Aurora and throughout the surrounding area of Illinois, we have extensive experience handling DUI and other criminal defense matters in state courts, federal courts and various appellate courts. We are well-positioned to help you.
Handling Every Step Of The DUI Defense Process
At Metcalf & Associates, P.C., our lawyers are prepared to represent you in all aspects of your defense, including:
- Investigation: We will look into all of the details of your case to find possible violations of your rights, illegal stops and searches and other errors by the police, human and technical errors in the breath and blood tests and other abnormalities that could weaken the state’s case against you.
- Negotiation: Based on our investigation, we can talk with the prosecuting attorney to possibly drop the case or reduce the charges against you.
- Trial: We take an aggressive, strategic approach to defending our clients in the criminal trial process.
- Sentencing: For first-time offenders, there are alternative sentencing options available. We will explore these and other options to minimize the penalties you will have to face.
- Appeals: Throughout your trial, we will be sure to make a record of everything that could justify an appeal. If appropriate, we will take your case to higher courts to appeal a conviction.
Your criminal DUI defense is too important to leave in the hands of attorneys with whom you do not feel comfortable. We invite you to call 847-882-1992 or contact us online to talk with a lawyer from our team in a consultation.